We’ve compiled the recipes of four of our favourite cocktails – perfect for you to whip up for dad at home.
Our South Sea Piracy will have him warming up from the winter. If he’s after something fruity, try our Sherry Blossom or Black Forest Old Fashioned. Or if he’s feeling adventurous, give him a Smoked Manhattan – he’ll love it!
South Sea Piracy
Dark rum, spiced rum, orgeat and lemon.
A spicy twist on the classic whiskey Penicillin Cocktail, it’s the perfect winter-warmer.
- 45ml Dark rum
- 10ml Orgeat
- 20ml Lemon juice
- 5ml Spiced rum float
- Shake ingredients (except spiced rum)
- Serve in a rocks glass with ice
- Float spiced rum on top (for the aroma)
- Garnish dehydrated lemon wheel
Japanese whisky, PX sherry, cherry and vanilla jam, lemon
Enhancing the vanilla and chocolate flavours of Suntory Kakubin this fruity take on a whiskey sour is an all round crowd pleaser.
- 50ml Suntory Kakubin
- 10ml PX sherry
- 15ml lemon juice
- 20ml cherry jam syrup (house made)
- 2dsh Fee Bros. Aztec Chocolate bitters egg white
- Place Maraschino cherry in bottom of coup
- Dry shake all ingredients, wet shake with ice
- Fine strain into a coup (over cherry)
Black Forest Old Fashioned
Dark rum, cherry heering, Fee. Bros Aztec Chocolate bitters
One of your favourite desserts is now in liquid form!
- 45ml Dark rum
- 10ml Cherry heering
- 5ml Sugar syrup
- 2dsh Fee Bros. Aztec Chocolate bitters
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass
- Stir with ice (tasting every 5 seconds until optimum dilution)
- Pour into a rocks glass with ice
- Garnish with two skewered Maraschino cherries and a single grate of dark chocolate
Scotch whiskey, Islay whiskey, Antica Formula, Angostura bitters
For those feeling a bit more bold.
- 30ml Scotch whiskey
- 10ml Islay whiskey
- 20ml Antica Formula sweet vermouth
- 2dsh Angostura bitters
- Add all ingredients (except Islay whiskey) into mixing glass
- Stir with ice (tasting every 5 seconds for dilution)
- Fine strain into coupette
- Garnish with orange twist and one Maraschino cherry